Thursday, October 1, 2015

October | Fight for Your Chi Chis


October is here, and we are busy planning away our little one's first birthday but we cannot forget that it is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Even though, it seems like forever ago, the women in my family were deeply affected by this cancer. My grandmother fought it 3 times until ultimately removing both her breasts.  She fought a good fought, beat cancer and has passed on due to other health complications years after the cancer had left.

Even if she was strong enough to beat it, it still passes down to the rest of the women in our family. My mother regularly gets check to stay on top of her health and I know I will too when the time comes. I hope that by the time by daughter gets to my age they will have found a cure and we won’t have to worry about things like breast cancer.

It is easy to brush off and think, well I’m too young anyway or it doesn’t run in my family so who cares.  You should care for you, not for anyone else. I encourage everyone to get checked or check themselves. It is easy enough but most of us overlook it still.

We will be participating this year at the Susan G Komen Race for a Cure in Hawaii at Kapiolani Park on October 18th. If anyone else is on the island I would suggest showing your support or even telling someone else about our fight. To register for the race or donate check out, Susan G Komen Hawaii.

 So stand up and save your Chi Chis!


No comments:

Post a Comment