Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Good Morning Hawaii


The best part of my day is waking up a little early to squeeze in a morning walk around the complex and listen to music to get my body ready for the day. It is always nice to have some alone time before anyone is awake. I love getting to sun make its way up into the sky and greet the island with aloha.

I just started this new routine because after a long day at the office, between meetings, phone calls, reports and all, I get home drained with no energy to do anything at all. I started looking into ways to boost my energy and of course I saw the usual. Eat a balanced diet, (I am also on the Keto Diet, so no carbs on this side), drinking water, stretching, coffee and a few other things of course. I eat well, I drink a cup of coffee in the morning and I drink water - enough though I am trying hard to drink more! One thing that was been working for me now is getting in my short walks in the morning before I start my day. It can be as short as 10-15 minutes or a jog around the block but this has been my heaven and gives me an extra boost to get through the day.

I even started stretching at work. I know we've all seen those ugly signs that say "Stretch at Your Desk" and they claim that it will help. It really does though, I do a handful of small stretches and it loosens up my body and the blood starts pumping again. I am one of those workers who gets glued to her desk and only leave when I have to in order to get through my to do's. But even take out 2 minutes to step back and breathe before you tackle the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment