Friday, September 18, 2015

Hair | i | Tude

I made my small rant last week and shared with all of your about my hair issues and finally came to some peace with my hair. I have been on both Biotin and a multi vitamin Hair, Skin and Nail combo for about 3 weeks now and have already started to notice a difference in my complexion and well my nails haven't changed. *Disclaimer- Not to be all about my nails BUT I have really good, strong, solid ass nails that have always been good- never have had any problems. 

Onto the actual application onto my hair. My hair routine consists of all about 5 minutes; I shampoo, I condition, I oil, I comb, I Bun/Hun it up. That is all maybe throw a braid in there or twist back but theres not a lot of switch up between my and my hair. I recently started to notice that my hair was getting dryer by the day- with the salt water, the heat, humidity and sun my hair was taking a beating. So I decided to change up my shower game. I was able to find a new line and am in L-O-V-E with it!

My New shampoo ...  is by Dark and Lovely ( read below to find out my hair isn't apart of their normal demographic) their Au Natural Hydrating Soak Shampoo with Mango Oil that smells like a piece of fruit heaven. It has a great lather - yes with sulfates since I no longer color my hair - and has a silky medium weight to it so it doesn't weigh down your hair. I would not recommend this to someone with thin hair, it might be too much on your hair.

The New Conditioner happens to be from Pantene, their Truly Natural Deep Conditioner. This rich moisturizing condition is also my new favorite and I rarely use Pantene- I am just not old school I guess. But it is definitely rich and creamy- I absolutely love the smell too! This is also best for those with normal to thick and curly to natural hair- or in need of some moisture love.

The final step to my routine is another Dark and Lovely product, their Au Natural Moisture Loc Super Quench Leave in Spray with smells like tropical coconut. Would not recommend to people that are sensitive to smells. This is a great light weight spray that keeps your hair moisturized , keeps down the frizz and keeps my hair soft all day without looking or feeling dry. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a new leave in conditioner for more normal to thick hair. If you have thin hair i would only keep it to 3 sprays maximum to avoid weighing down.

My hair is naturally normal curly hair with a lot of it. I bleached my hair completely blonde back in March and then went back to Brunette in April. I also cut off all my hair from medium back length to right below my ear to avoid the weight and help out with new mommy duties. I only dyed it once in June to freshen up the color but have not touched it since then. I am letting the natural color grow out and let the rest fade for a natural ombre look. My hair soaks up oil naturally and any type of moisture. My hair advice is- know your hair don't think it's like everyone elses.

Excited to post an update in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment